GI BILL Facts & Eligibility Info
- Must have served a minimum of 90 days. If you are discharged with less that 90 days service you get no benefits.
- 40 % of recruits will not complete their full term of service.
- Must have a high school or GED to be qualified for enlistment.
- Half of today’s youth are not physically qualified to enlist.
- For students attending public colleges and universities, the GI Bill covers all tuition and fees at the in-state rate, but it may not have the same rate a private or for-profit school.
- Full time enrollment (12 hrs or more) GI Bill pays $2150/month. One quarter time is $537.
- Eligibility for benefits is based on length of service: 100% for 36 months to 40% for 6 months.
- An Honorable discharge is necessary for GI Bill benefits. 10 % of veterans have less than honorable discharges.