Veterans working together for peace & justice through non-violence. Wage Peace!
Statement of Purpose
We, as military veterans, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. To this end we will work with others both nationally and internationally to:
1. Increase public awareness of the causes and costs of war
2. Restrain our governments from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations
3. To resist racism and repression in our home communities
4. To oppose the militarization of law enforcement
5. End the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons
6. Seek justice for veterans and victims of war
7. Abolish war as an instrument of national policy.
To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both democratic and open with the understanding that all members are trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger purpose of world peace.